Saturday, May 9, 2015

Interview with photographer Magdalena Korpas

           
 

           What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  

Emotions, violence, the life tournaments 

              Tell us about your experience as  photographer what did it give you?

In 2004 i finished a photography school in YMCA (Gdynia / Poland). After spending long days in a dark room, the same year, i exposed my work in Ucho (Gdynia). I was passionately curious about a “strange human behavior” of leaving the stability and looking for the unknown. (broken relationships, death, long trips with no way back). To follow this “paradox of human behavior”, a year after, i left a family home and moved to Amsterdam, then to Paris, now she lives between Paris and Los Angeles.

I always have my film camera (Minolta, Dynax5) on me, trying to capture “the darkness of the soul”. Working with models, actors and simply, with a strangers crossed on the streets , i always ask them to express, by the look in their eyes, this dirty grain of the most dark part of their soul.
The mutual, dirty and dark secrets that no one will never know...

               Three adjectives to describe yourself.

Philosophic, extreme, hopeless

                A film, a book and a song

"Lost Highway" by D.Lynch, "In the Heart of the Country" by Coetzee,  The Verve" Bittersweet symphony "


                  What camera do you use?  lense?
Minolta Dynax 5, lense 35/ 50

                 Do you sell prints? How do you make it and where can someone buy?

I'm working on it...there is a bunch of the websites where i can sell my photos. Once it's gonna be done i will publish the link on my website.
 (http://korpasmagdalena.wix.com/korpas#!stories/cyaq)

                What was your most big success? 

I can't see my photography as a result of successes. I capture the emotions and i express my emotions thru my lens. I can't mesure it by the question of success.

            Favourite photographer.

Today, Diane Arbus.


            Describe some of your projects.


I'm working on an artistic project where i include my oil painting and a film photography. 


            Your main concept.


Understand by provoking &capturing it the source of  infinity of human hell .

 
           What is your occupation, job, interest besides photography.


Acting, cinema, painting, psychology, spirituality 

           Which advic
e would you give someone who wants to become a (professional) photographer?

Don't listen anyone, listen yourself.  

          Do you work as photographer? 
Yes.

            Your plans.


Next saturday - expose my photos, next month - acting in a contemporary play in Avignon, next year - Los Angeles & Shanghai. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...