Thursday, November 7, 2013

Interview with photographer Natia Rekhviashvili


   About you:

I’m Natia Rekhviashvili freelance photographer based in Tbilisi, Georgia. From childhood I studied in college of fine arts, I had great teachers of history of art, music, drowing…who made me love art so much. continieud studying  in Tbilisi State University  faculty of Arts and Humanities. Also from childhood was interested in mathematics.
  After 2009 became interested in photography. Passed Workshops of  photography, led by Great photographers: Pok Chi Lau, Mimi Mollica, Kurt Tong, Wolfgagn Zurborn in Tbilisi. I mostly work in documentary photography and self-portraiture.



              What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  
People around me, places where you can see history. Stories, old houses, ethno-culture of my country.



                Three adjectives to describe yourself.
kind, hard worker, creative



                A film, a book and a song
Book: Dostoevsky “ White Nights”, Film: “Beyond Clowds”, Song: Alanis Morisette “One”

.



              What camera do you use?  lense?
digital: Nikon D90, film: Nikon N60, lense 50mm f1.8. also.18-105mm.


             Tell about exhibition if you‘ve had any.
Group Exhibitions: "best 100 photos of the year" curated by Tina Schelhorn Tbilisi Georgia." 30 under 30 women photographers of the year" 2013 curated by Metthew Hong Germany. Also festival NYPH NEW YORK.


            Do you sell prints? How do you make it and where can someone buy?
yes Saatchionline http://www.saatchionline.com/natiarekhviashvili    (original artworks, also prints from 40 $)



            What was your most big success? 
Love and kind words wich I get from people around me and from people far from me. Sometimes I meet people first time and they already know me because of my photos and get compliments I feel so happy.



           Favourite photographer.
I have many favorite photographers almost every day I discover so many good photographers and watch their portfolios it’s big pleasure for me. most favorite photographers are: Cindy Sherman, Franceska Woodman, Alessandra Sanguinetti, Steve McCurry, Lise Sarfati.



            Describe some of your projects
One project I have “ Soviet Cars” I shoot all old soviet cars wich I see, in Georgia, Armenia. With their owners or dead cars, I think it is as nostalgy. I also work on project “ grandmother’s house” make self portraits in that house where my grand mother lived and want to feel her feelings and remember her life, words, beauty.



      


          What is your occupation, job, interest besides photography.
I studied accounting in ACCA accounting, now study Business engeenering Auditing in University, and work as accountant in one company.


           
           Which advice would you give someone who wants to become a (professional) photographer?
Listen their own world mostly, study how to express their thoughts and true feelings; express ideas and show us the life  more deeply. Do everything with love.




          Do you work as photographer? 
Yes I have photo service: fashion editorial, portraits, commercial; also work  for magazines and various organizations. It gave me great pleasure.



                                               

            Your plans.
To continue everything what I began and what I’m doing  and share to the world.
http://www.natiarekhviashvili.com/
 http://natiar.blogspot.com/




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...