Thursday, April 11, 2013

Interview with photographer Bhumika Bhatia

  
About you: This question always takes me for a spin.  Little I know about myself is that am a 23 year old girl who loves art, darkness, magic and flowers.



               What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  Darkness and Colours! lots and lots of it. Though, am a huge black and white fan myself. But, sometimes seeing life in technicolor is beautiful.


               Tell us about your experience as a photographer and what did it give you? I live in a limbo. Those in-between moments are what i thrive for,  Apart from that, I  do try to photograph my dreams.
Three adjectives to describe yourself. - Awkward. Passionate and Dark


                A film, a book and a song.
  MovieBig Fish,

Book-  Memories of my melancholy whore by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Song- Black Water by Apparat


             What camera do you use? Do you use one lens? - I use a Canon 500D and a few other (5Dmark2/mark3) depending on the work. But for my personal work, i use my granddads film camera. and as for the lens- i use 50mm.



             Tell about exhibition if you've had any. 
Yes,Absolutely! I had my first group show when I was 19.That same year, I submitted my work for a competition in Paris and I was stood 8thworldwide; as a consolation prize, my photograph was exhibited at Paris Fashion Week. In October, two of my photographs were exhibited at Selfridges, London as a part of Jimmy Choo PEP project – in partnership with the Elton John Foundation. Last year, I had 2 exhibitions in New York.

Do you sell prints? How do you make it and where can someone buy? Yes, I do sell prints. If You're living in US- You can buy them from the gallery( Underline  Gallery in New York) am being represented by. Or you could just email me.

          What was your most big success? Grateful for what i've achieved so far. But the best is yet to come. :)

           Favourite photographer. Honestly,  It's hard to choose one. But, Tim Walker is one of my favourites. I love how he conceptualizes his shoots. Very dream-like and inspiring.

            Describe some of your projects.  Reunion. Love. Heartache and Mystery .

Your main concept. Emotions. Lots of it.


            Your plans. Photograph till I die.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...